DJILJIT COASTAL FISHING EXPERIENCE
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Cape Naturaliste, Western Australia
- Product code: PXGBBF
Create a memory like no other! Guided by a Wadandi Cultural Custodian, you’ll explore the wonders of Meelup Regional Park as you fish, discover and forage – this spectacular seascape.
The local Aboriginal people named Meelup 'place of looking at the the moon rising' because the full moon appears to rise out the sea. Wadandi fished by the phases of the moon, and
the crystal clear waters here are home to herring, salmon, bream and many other species.
Your guide will pass on the stories of the Wadandi ‘boodja’ – the local people and country – during a walk along the pristine coastline. It’s common to see dolphins, whales and schools of djiljit (fish) from the coastal ridges, depending on which of the six Aboriginal seasons your visit occurs.
Learn how these seasons influence what the Wadandi forage gather and hunt as your guide explains the area’s flora and fauna and you’re taught how to prepare your fish – and forage for your
salad. Ultimately, you’ll sit down together for a sensational ‘catch and cook’ BBQ lunch!
- Private Tour and transportation with Aboriginal guide.
- Provision of all Fishing gear and beach towels.
- BBQ lunch cooked on location and served with Margaret River Region beer and wines.
- Pick up/drop off from accommodation within Dunsborough/Yallingup area included.
Suitable for children aged 6-16 yearsTour operates February -May
One thing: In the unlikely case you don’t catch a fish, you’ll still have an absolutely amazing time!